#1 smokeraider

smokeraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hey guys... anyone tried the new Nascar Gen-6 ?... Ford or Chevy...

#2 Ja5on

Ja5on

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationBonny Banks - Scotland

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

tried the chevy.  Im not the mose seasoned nascar driver on iracing, but to me it felt more twitchy

#3 smokeraider

smokeraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Ya... I purchased the Ford Fusion... twitchy it is LOL. Don't see many people with those new cars...

#4 jr1414

jr1414

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

I think they drive better, actually.

#5 bwiemers

bwiemers

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

I've got both the chevy and the Ford Fusion, and I've found them twitchy, but then again I found the old car twitchy as well.  :-P 

I decided to stick with the nationwide car for the moment as this car is easy to drive compared to the Gen 6 cars.

Friend me on facebook and share your sim racing news.
Want to race Radicals on iRacing, Join the Saturday International Radical Challenge. See iracing forums under class C Radicals for more information.

#6 Chrismathis312

Chrismathis312

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I love the gen 6 there's no difference from Chevy to ford love that car

#7 Birddogg66

Birddogg66

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSarasota

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

After a lengthy and exhaustive investigation by iRacing, we regret to announce that we discovered a widespread cheating scandal within iRacing. The cheating is specific to drivers of the new Ford Fusion Gen6 NASCAR Sprint Cup cars. After numerous reports of suspected cheating, it was discovered that iRacing engineer Eric Hudec – a longtime Ford fan – intentionally modified the code related to engine horsepower on the Ford Fusion, thereby giving Ford drivers an additional 15bhp.
While we didn’t find specific evidence proving that members who have raced the Ford Fusion knew about the ‘enhancement’, we also did not find conclusive evidence that they didn’t know about it, so in the interest of fairness the iRacing review board has decided to suspend all member accounts that have competed in an official race session in the Ford Fusion. The suspensions will vary in length based on the number of races the individual has completed and range from 1 – 6 weeks. In addition to the suspension, any championship points earned in a Ford Fusion will be forfeited. All those affected by this ruling will receive and email notifying them of their specific penalty.
Due to the large number of penalties; iRacing will not be considering appeals on this matter.
Eric has been terminated from his position and iRacing is searching for a new vehicle dynamics engineer

Why would they take this out on their paying members? Does not seem fair to me..

#8 bigeasysac

bigeasysac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Looks like an obvious April Fools joke.

#9 Birddogg66

Birddogg66

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSarasota

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I was caught at the wrong time for such a Joke.

#10 U.N.K.L.E

U.N.K.L.E

Don't Know Jack Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

lol it happens to the best of us

#11 BK_NC

BK_NC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

First clue should have been the graphic with "Scandal" so stylized.  And that they put it on the front Member page   :)

4951AKMxpMGfuNqbhlyXes.jpg

Good April Fool's joke though.  It's cool the iRacing guys have a sense of humor to actually put it on the front page.

#12 CaTaPulT

CaTaPulT

I Hope I know jack.... I AM Jack!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

And if you click on the link in that article to apply for the job, that page goes upside down! LOL

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Follow your dreams.... just not the one about being naked at work. :smile:

#13 Joe Berkett

Joe Berkett

JB Designs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Tried out both for the Carbureter Cup and the both sound identical to real life its awesome

#14 seinfeld1123

seinfeld1123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'll post my question here. im buying Iracing next week. so I will be at noob level. I will be doing indycar oval and nascar oval at some point (I take it when I get the licence to do so) so I was wondering. the nascar type has the better more fun and stacked series (meaning has the numbers to always have races) I dont want to join a series that has barely enough ppl to have a ladder 
trucks,
the sprint car,
the nation wide car
the ss late model and a few diff models etc. my question is. which series has the better interest? what is the difference? and can you run all these cars in the same series ? or what? also Iracing has little to no information on specs of the car on its website, so how can I make a proper determination like weight, HP  etc 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users