FCONE

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

My first wheel for for my Sega Saturn:

http://www.goatstore... ... googlebase

Just a semi-wheel and buttons for brake and gas!

Now I have bought many wheels since then leading me to the Fanatec wheel I have now. Along the way I had adapted to using pedals, shifter, clutches etc. Recently when playing Forza 3 I was using a six speed shifter and the clutch. Now however I have dropped down to no clutch and a sequential shifter.

Most of my racing these days has been practices in iRacing and it seems the vast majority are running no clutch and paddle shifters. I was curious what others here are using.

#2 Tinker

Tinker

Guru Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationIn a retirement Igloo somewhere in Canada

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

I am a wimp :oops: . I use semi auto tranny. That is auto with paddle over ride. Like Shifttronic or what ever its called. No clutch. I let the auto do the down shifting and I over ride the auto for ups. I set the redline higher then norm so I can manually shift and if I forget the auto will take over (using the auto is not good if use all the time since it can cause engine probms in a long race with a high redline). I never found a H shifter that felt like a real car so far, and I am not going to spend a lot of $$$ on one of those extremely realistic ones. Hey if paddle shifting is good enuf for F1 then its fine with me. But then like I said I am a wimp... :lol:
Posted ImageYou do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.

#3 Agonis

Agonis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

Depending on the games i play i use both. With Dirt 2 & Grid i prefer to use the paddles, for Race on & NFS Shift i prefer to use the clutch, even though Race on refuses to recognize the neutral gear...
Intel Core I7 920,MSI GTX 285 Superclocked,12Gb DDR3 1866Mhz

#4 Jojo Gigio

Jojo Gigio

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

I try to go with whatever shifter the car I am driving uses in real life. I use the clutch pedal when I use the H-pattern.

JF iMotorsports - Santa Clara, CA
First Racing Sim - Sitting in my Dad's race car, c. 1980
Favorite Sim - iRacing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users