9 replies to this topic

#1 DjFIL

DjFIL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Now I can try it with my PC setup and my good wheel (tried the 360 demo, via my UK Xbox Silver account, but with a gamepad).

http://www.jeuxvideo... ... ory-pc.htm
or
http://www.ausgamers...ails/html/69268

edited: old second link just forwarded to same first page... new second link is the one supplied on WRC the Game's official Facebook page. any demo download is multi-language.

Win 7 | i5-3570K | 8GB RAM | GTX 680 2GB | 256GB SSD | Triple 24" Monitors | Fanatec GT3 RS V2 | CSR Elite Pedals | Sin:Speed App

iRacing | Assetto Corsa | Kart Racing Pro | Richard Burns Rally | F1 2013 | GSC 2013 | F. Truck | Euro Truck Sim 2 | MotoGP 13 | MXGP

#2 DjFIL

DjFIL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

An amazing 180 degrees of wheel rotation. Sigh. Also having lots of issues with configuring my 911 GT3 RS... seeing some funny menu reactions with buttons (including when using keyboard input for menus).

Was it always this bad? Maybe with my 360 version, and my MS 360 FFB wheel (270 rotation max), I just never noticed the short comings.

Still a fun driving model (not RBR realism... but track design has come along way since the first Milestone WRC game)... and for me it still beats DiRT, since I prefer the strict rally focus.

Need to wait and see if I can easily get my hands on a copy first, and at what cost.

Win 7 | i5-3570K | 8GB RAM | GTX 680 2GB | 256GB SSD | Triple 24" Monitors | Fanatec GT3 RS V2 | CSR Elite Pedals | Sin:Speed App

iRacing | Assetto Corsa | Kart Racing Pro | Richard Burns Rally | F1 2013 | GSC 2013 | F. Truck | Euro Truck Sim 2 | MotoGP 13 | MXGP

#3 GoCart Death

GoCart Death

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

I believe you shouldn't have a problem getting a downloadable copy from Green Man Gaming. It's a UK based site, so they have WRC3 on offer. I've bought and downloaded a number of titles from them before. They even have a 25% deal going right now (until 10/12) which should knock the price down to $30. I posted earlier about the GMG discount here http://insidesimraci...1&t=8445#p61839

I downloaded the demo from one of those links, but was hesitant to run the executable. Yours installed with no problem?
Crossfire Radeon 6870s

#4 DjFIL

DjFIL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

The first link... website is in french, but the demo is multi-5. Otherwise it installed and worked fine. Jeuxvideo.com is a very large french gaming website, very reliable. However download was slow (maxed at maybe 150KB/s).

Or here's the one that WRC the Game's official Facebook page posted yesterday...
http://www.ausgamers...ails/html/69268 (edited in to my original post now).

My WRC 3 wheel settings with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 : http://f-wheel.com/s...3-demo-settings

Played a bit more... still kind of odd using only 180 degrees of rotation, but couldn't find a setting at higher level that worked for me. Settings I linked/posted above feel good to me. Game is enjoyable... really do like what they did with the course design... a more fulfilling rally experience compared to DiRT.

#5 griever

griever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVero Beach, FL

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I only got to mess around for a couple minutes but my thoughts...

+Stage was pretty narrow and very twisty which was cool.
+Graphics are nice
+Nice damage system

- Physics felt just ok. Car feels like it has some weight but seems to stop on a dime and it's really hard to get it loose to go around hair pins in a slide on tarmac. Keeps wanting to point straight again. Halfway through the stage it turns to gravel, you're on tarmac tires so you should have almost no grip but it doesn't feel that much different from driving on the tarmac portion!
-Noticable input lag
-Maximum of 2 controllers, I could not map my DSD shifter
-Cannot remove driver arms/wheel
-No triple screen support
-You have to use an extremely short rotation (like 180) to feel somewhat normal. Definitely designed for a gamepad.
-No mouse control in UI, extremely clumsy to map controllers and every time you exit the demo you have to re-do everything.

So not really what I was hoping for but I've only tried one stage. Hopefully it feels better on gravel stages and they add a patch for most of the dumb shit that is wrong like triple screen support and not being able to remove wheel etc.

#6 DjFIL

DjFIL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, I don't have triple screen... but I do agree it's lazy not to include it for PC. Hopefully a patch will come to help with input lag (it is there slightly). And removing arms (adjusting camera) would be nice... but won't happen (just like CodeMasters unfortunately).

#7 DjFIL

DjFIL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Playing further with the demo I found this in the readme.txt...
-----
WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship supports steering wheels compatible with DirectX®
or Immersion TouchSense® technology.
Please make sure you have installed the latest drivers from your steering wheel
manufacturer. Please also make sure that in the steering wheel properties panel
the pedals are set to operate in combination.

Here's a short list of devices that are supported by WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship:

Supported peripherals:
Microsoft Official Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel with Force Feedback
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech G27
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals
Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 force feedback
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 3 in 1
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia
-----
Ugh, you read that right... "the pedals are set to operate in combination." I tried in the Fanatec control panel to set my CSR Elite pedals to combined... I don't think it likes it one bit. Probably explains why I see such odd responses in the menus (like up arrow, on the keyboard, never works)... and if I calibrate the gas pedal, it keeps cycling up the menu unless I hold at 50%. Forcing combined pedals in this day and age? That's just crazy. Hope this gets fixed in a patch (and much more with the controls), or I defiantly will not order.

Edit: just played demo with my 360 controller... feels pretty good with that, kind of sad as WRC 2 felt good with my old MS 360 FFB wheel on Xbox 360. Oh well... still hoping for a patch to fix control concerns.

#8 griever

griever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVero Beach, FL

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Combined pedals, 2 controller limit, no triple screen support, horrible input lag, tiny 180 degree steering, no FOV adjustment, can't remove driver arms/wheel... In 2012. All of these basic features should be included, but in the least they should patch it. Unfortunately, I doubt they will. :evil:

Good lord. Milestone, give the WRC license to a developer who gives a shit!!

#9 bgis

bgis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario , Canada

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I believe you shouldn't have a problem getting a downloadable copy from Green Man Gaming. It's a UK based site, so they have WRC3 on offer. I've bought and downloaded a number of titles from them before. They even have a 25% deal going right now (until 10/12) which should knock the price down to $30. I posted earlier about the GMG discount here http://insidesimraci...1&t=8445#p61839

I downloaded the demo from one of those links, but was hesitant to run the executable. Yours installed with no problem?

The game is no longer for sale on Greenmangaming. They are offering a refund for people that bought it from them and an apology for any inconvenience. It looks like they are going to wait for a patch from Milestone before sales continue.

#10 welshterrorist

welshterrorist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

The game is no longer for sale on Greenmangaming. They are offering a refund for people that bought it from them and an apology for any inconvenience. It looks like they are going to wait for a patch from Milestone before sales continue.

Gamersgate have it here http://www.gamersgat...uk/DD-WRC3/wrc3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users