10 replies to this topic

#1 Ennis09

Ennis09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys, I'm having a horrible time setting up my wheel with iRacing, when it tells me to lock at 90 degrees, my wheel only goes to 180, when it says 30, my wheel only goes to 60 :(.. So in-game how I turn my wheel is way more than what it is in-game. Also are there any good settings for the logitech profiler? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

#2 azhar786iqbal

azhar786iqbal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Same problem with my T500 RS as well, any one please help thanks.

#3 azhar786iqbal

azhar786iqbal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Daren please could you let us know the setting for Logitec G27 and T500 RS and GT2 for iracing in game and on the profiler.
This is a big problem lets solve it. Could you please do an episode on this topic.

#4 Johnny Carr

Johnny Carr

Guru Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hey guys, I'm having a horrible time setting up my wheel with iRacing, when it tells me to lock at 90 degrees, my wheel only goes to 180, when it says 30, my wheel only goes to 60 :(.. So in-game how I turn my wheel is way more than what it is in-game. Also are there any good settings for the logitech profiler? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I`m typing out a PM with instructions to follow :ugeek:

#5 Johnny Carr

Johnny Carr

Guru Member

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Daren please could you let us know the setting for Logitec G27 and T500 RS and GT2 for iracing in game and on the profiler.
This is a big problem lets solve it. Could you please do an episode on this topic.

Im sorry I don`t know anything about T500 wheels or I would help.

#6 CaTaPulT

CaTaPulT

I Hope I know jack.... I AM Jack!

• Members
  • 2,264 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

I have my T500RS Profile settings to default except for wheel rotation which I have set to 300 degrees for iRacing and I have no problems calibrating the wheel in iRacing. When it asks to put the wheel to 90 degrees, you have to put the red stripe of the wheel to the left as if you made a imaginary cross over the wheel, put it to the left part of the cross and hold it there and press the "DONE" button on the iRacing screen. The it will ask you to put it back to center position and hold it there and press "DONE" again, make sure you follow the on screen directions to the letter in the iRacing calibration screens, if not, no predicting how your wheel will behave. I've had no problems at all calibrating my wheel and pedals.
I hope you get it working since the T500RS is a blast in iRacing. :)
Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<
Follow your dreams.... just not the one about being naked at work. :smile:

#7 romanodesign

romanodesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hey J

I`m typing out a PM with instructions to follow :ugeek:

Hey there Johnny, I too would be interested in those settings too, as Im having the same issues with my G27 :mrgreen:

#8 Johnny Carr

Johnny Carr

Guru Member

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

You need to setup the will properly in windows then let the game control the settings after that.To properly set the wheel up in windows you must first have the logitech gaming software installed.Then you need to go to devices and printers,find the wheel and right click on it.Click game controller settings.The look for I believe it's advanced at bottom right of window.

set rotation at 900 (for iracing all other sims are subjective.Iracing needs to be 900,do not play with this.
Uncheck combined pedals
Check allow FFB
Set FFB strength at 107
All other sliders at 0
Check center spring but leave slider at 0
Check allow game to control settings.

Now enter a server,go to options and calibrate the wheel,pedals and shifter.For the wheel you will be asked to turn the wheel all the way one way then the other and center it.Make sure that when you center it that the numbers end up at 0.If it doesn't end up at 0 when centered back out and do it again.press done.Now you will be asked to turn the wheel 90 degrees to the left.Watch the numbers carefully and stop at 900 then press done.Now you will be asked to center the wheel.Watch the numbers and stop at 0.The wheel should be centered now.Push done.The throttle is a slow push in and out as is the brake but many people only push the clutch 1/2 way to short calibrate.

When you set up the FFB in lower left corner of that page set the FFB slider 14 or lower.Most people I talk to are much lower than that.Set the dampening to 0.iRacing recommends 0-25 but you don't want any dampening with a G27.

#9 azhar786iqbal

azhar786iqbal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi jack I did tried your settings and it does work nicely but when I tried 900 degree it also works fine. Since I was trying different methods I find out my own setting as well which is 900 rotation 40-100-60-0-0 and spring checked and set it to 25. These values are in profiler then in game wheel is set to 750 digress of rotation and force feedback to 20 or lower damper to 20. The wheel feels nice and weighty and can feel all the bumps On the road as well. But one last thing how do you control the rumble in the wheel when you break, it is very horied.

#10 CaTaPulT

CaTaPulT

I Hope I know jack.... I AM Jack!

• Members
  • 2,264 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi Azhar.
I don't feel the shake in the wheel when I brake, and I kind of like it that way.
I don't like too much FF and or effects, so my wheel is just the way I like it, not overdone for my preference. I set my wheel at 300 degrees out of preference as well, just something I got use to I guess. :)
My guess, to get more feel from the rumble strips and the wheel shake in braking, you might want to play with the "Periodic" setting in the T500RS software. Good luck and enjoy. :)
Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<
Follow your dreams.... just not the one about being naked at work. :smile:

#11 flaz

flaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBali

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

@Enis : iRacing now have new updates on the FFB effect setting. Now you can tweak your G27 into a lot better feeling with the app.ini located in iRacing folder in your My Documents folder.

Try this setup for your G27:

in G27 game controller properties settings
Pedals reported as... : unchecked
Degrees of rotation : 900
Enable force feedback : checked
Overall effects strength : 100%
Spring : 0%
Damper : 0%
Centering spring : checked , spring strength : 0%
Allow game to adjust settings : checked

Edit your app.ini
steeringFFBBaseOffset=0.1
steeringFFBLinearForce=1

In game setting you can use ffb strength from 0 to 20 or according to your liking. Damper set to 0.

I love this setting, and i hope you will find it too.
If you browse the iRacing forum there's a thread that discuss this new ffb update complete with various setting for G27. In my opinion this is the best updates for ffb on iRacing so far, make my G27 a really worth buying.
I hope this help :)
iRacing user name : Fany Lazuardy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users