#1 HCSimRacer

HCSimRacer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hi guys, one quick question. I wanna buy the Thrustmaster T500 RS wheel, the Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter and wanna use it with the Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals Inversion Kit. So the question is do I have to keep the T500 RS pedals plugged in and is this setup 100% compatible?

Sorry if this seams like a stupid question, I'm new to anything that is not from Logitech. Thanks :geek:

#2 Mahnegold

Mahnegold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Have a look at Episode 97 of ISR.

Darin mentioned that he is NOT plugging the T500 pedals into the wheel, because he is using the CSP.

Best regards,

Robert

Thrustmaster T500 RS + TH8 RS @Obutto r3volution (PC, PS3)

Thrustmaster Rallye GT Pro @Wheelstand Pro (PC, spare & retro-games)

#3 HCSimRacer

HCSimRacer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

Have a look at Episode 97 of ISR.

Darin mentioned that he is NOT plugging the T500 pedals into the wheel, because he is using the CSP.

Best regards,

Robert

I remember that episode. He was on a console I am on a pc, and thows were another type of fanatec pedals. But anyway you pretty much answered my question, so they are compatible and I don't have to keep the T500 RS ones plugged in, that's great.

#4 Darin Gangi

Darin Gangi

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,475 posts
  • LocationSpokane Valley, WA

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

On the PC, you can run them separately.. Matter of fact, the pedals have more resolution when running stand alone.

On a console, you can't

#5 jbodin

jbodin

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

On the PC, you can run them separately.. Matter of fact, the pedals have more resolution when running stand alone.

But you DO need a Bodinhausen T500RS Stand-Alone Pedal Adapter to use the pedals as a separate USB device in stand-alone mode.

;)

-- John Bodin

http://www.bodin-solutions.com/

#6 Mahnegold

Mahnegold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

this is true but also a bit confusing because he never asked for using the T500 pedals stand-alone...

Thrustmaster T500 RS + TH8 RS @Obutto r3volution (PC, PS3)

Thrustmaster Rallye GT Pro @Wheelstand Pro (PC, spare & retro-games)

#7 HCSimRacer

HCSimRacer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

In the mean time I tried the T500RS wheel of a friend of mine and came to the conclusion that it doesn't really worth twice the price of a G27; and since I am always short on cash, I'm gonna get the G27 and after I get my hands on some more cash buy the TH8 RS shifter since I really want sequential shifting beside H pattern. So if you guys have any thoughts pros/cons on this setup feel free to come with ideas.

#8 azhar786iqbal

azhar786iqbal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I think at the moment T500 RS is the best in market because of the whole package.
The wheel has got excellent force feedback well made the pedals can be changed from F1 to rally style no problem.
The TH8 RS shifter is best in the market for the price works absulately fantastic no problems at all.
The F1 add on wheel is another pluse point and works very nice with F1 2011 game, you will not fault it, I wish they could have put some rev lights on it, but there are some mods coming to the marker for this wheel and pedals.
The total price is £540 all in and if you think of buying Fanatec CSR elite OMG it's £500 just for the wheel the shifter is just like a toy and the club sport are £200 on top and there is no F1 add on wheel yet.
I was thinking of buying CSR elite but backed off by the price and reliability issues. I am sure the wheel must be good but do you want to spend this much really.
I had T500 RS for five months now and it is working just fine but I do miss on the wheel setting from my GT2 wheel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users