• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NTULINUX

NTULINUX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi! I did start a thread not too long ago about modding the 458 Italia, but it's waiting for me in a mailbox about 50 miles south of where I actually live, I haven't picked it up yet, and it will probably be a few more days until I get my hands on it. Does the 458 Italia actually show up as an Xbox 360 controller? I read somewhere that the drivers for the wheel are actually the same drivers for the Xbox 360 controller, and 360 controllers generally have even better compatibility than virtually every wheel on the market. This means that F1 2011, SHIFT 2, SIMBIN racing titles, and DiRT 3 will work fine with the wheel correct, considering they all support 360 controllers?

NFS THE RUN (OK seriously, I have no idea what the caps rules are for this title, NFS The Run, etc.) actually works best with a 360 controller. You can even tell how poorly the developers ported the game from 360 to PC, as the on-screen controls still show up the same! X, Y, B, A.. :lol: Gotta love EA. I think they JUST released a big patch, removing the FPS lock among many other things. The 30 FPS cap ticked me off the most, considering my flat-panel and PC hardware supports literally twice that. :lol:

Thanks!

Best Regards,

NTULINUX

#2 NTULINUX

NTULINUX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I have the 458 Italia now. Picked it up last week or so. NFS THE RUN and SHIFT 2 are just AWFUL with it. Enormous dead zone, it's not even funny. SIMBIN racing titles are awesome with it. DiRT 3 and F1 2011 are AMAZING! I'm just glad I didn't pay for those EA games.. EA gave them to me basically as an apology... Very VERY long story, and no, I didn't pirate those games. I didn't have to. I do love tpb though. The only way to actually try games out before you buy. PC demos aren't as big as they used to be in the late 90s and early 00s. In the words of extremezone, "Support the developers. If you like the game, BUY IT!"

Before anybody says I steal games, if I like a game that I downloaded for free, I buy it. EVERYTHING I download off tpb gets deleted within an hour MAXIMUM. In rare cases do I actually find games that are actually at least half decent, and when I do, Steam is my choice for purchasing. I got GTA IV on there and many others (like my SIMBIN games) WOO!

So yeah, if you have a 458 Italia, STAY AWAY FROM EA TITLES! I _COULD_ fix these issues as I've made my own dinput8.dll files and such as I fixed quite possibly the biggest deadzone in history, in the first NFS SHIFT game, but to be honest, NFS THE RUN and SHIFT 2 are not worth my time, especially when Codemasters smacks EA's face with a big fish that has big metal spikes all around it, similar to a mace, but not quite.

The 458 Italia works absolutely amazing with SIMBIN titles and you can fully customize the steering settings (the ones in SHIFT 2 must be pointing to /dev/null) and the Codemasters titles work great outta the box. I just made sure of the deadzones being at 0. The 458 italia is great and I made a deal with somebody at Simparts.co.nz and I'll be able to purchase the PCB for the GT3 RS V2 from the US for 80 USD. Pricey? yes. Worth it? Hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users