7 replies to this topic

#1 zoulou27

zoulou27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hi All,

I have just upgraded from a G25 to a T500RS.
And I am a bit concerned because I have the feeling that the T500RS is nowhere near as alive as the G25.

What surprises me most is that even when the power is switched off, then the wheel still feels very heavy. Basically, if you throw the G25 when the power is OFF, then it continues to turn on its own, whereas the T500 stops right away.

Do you believe I received a faulty product or is it just a matter of habit?

Thanks for your advice :)

#2 Peter

Peter

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yes, even when power is off T500 stops very fast, you won't get it spinning.
It is heavier that the G25/27. I can't tell you if yours is ok as its difficult to describe what is heavy (for you now after the move from G2x it might be odd, for others it would be fine).
How does the wheel feel in the game? On a good title the ffb should be strong when needed,but in general there should be no real issues turning the wheel, it should also auto-center nicely (but that depends on the game too).

#3 zoulou27

zoulou27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I tweaked the FFB settings in the profiler and I get some good sensations now.
However, what is nice with the G25 is that it beomes loose to express that you are loosing grip / locking tires, but this seems not to be a feature of the T500... unless this can be achieved with some more tweaking. Only time will tell :)

#4 Peter

Peter

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

What sim are you refering to ? When I am losing grip, I feel the wheel loosing up considerably (RBR, GTR).

#5 zoulou27

zoulou27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have been mostly running rfactor 2 (beta).
Can you share your profiler settings ?

#6 lopsided

lopsided

Bailey Lagstrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

I can second what Peter said. I am using the wheel with GTR2 and Race 07. When the car starts to loose grip I clearly feel it thru the wheel as it looses it's resistance and becomes slack.
Do you have any other titles you can test your wheel on? That might help.
And, as I am sure you already know, getting those settings right can take some trail and error. I had to redo mine after the latest Thrustmaster firmware update. It took me by surprise and I thought something was wrong with the wheel. I'm happy again but it took some work.

On some settings I don't know what to expect so I max them out, test the wheel to better understand how they effect the feel and then tweak from there. But you've got the games settings and the wheels settings. Once you get your head around it, it becomes easier but it's a bit of work...I think. I didn't have anyone else's settings to start with which may have made it easier, perhaps someone using rFactor 2 would be nice enough to share their wheel + game settings to save you some time.

#7 Peter

Peter

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

The setting in the T500 profiler are the same as Darin suggested in the vid introducing T500. If you can't find it let me know pm and I will reply.

In regards to in game settings, it depends on the game. What I noticed is that when the game has a good engine, then I set sensitivity to 100 and deadzone to 0 on everything, wheel weigth at around 50 (if applicable). FFB 100 if this does not hurt my hands :P
I may have rfactor2 soon so I can share and comment.

#8 zoulou27

zoulou27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

It seems to be all about the damper setting.
As far as I know, most people set it to 0. However, I wonder if this does not kill part of the FFB...
It would be interesting to know what setting does what.

I am still torn. I tried the wheel with rf2, GTR-evo and GT Legends. The quality of the FFB effects and the precision of the wheel are clearly a step ahead from the G25. But I have the feeling that the "readability" of the G25 is more obvious especially when it comes to translate that the car is loosing grip.

neverending debate ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users