• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GTP_EricW

GTP_EricW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Here are a few pictures of my new homemade sim racing cockpit that I built from a set of plans I bought from Ricmotech. All-in-all it cost me around $100 to build it minus the G27 and seat.

I still have to do some finishing touches to it by either painting or wrapping the MDF with vinyal and carpeting the base of the cockpit. I also want to add a Buttkicker Gamer to my setup.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Ricmotech

Ricmotech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

Eric, the rig is looking good. Can't wait to see it painted and complete. Are you going to paint it to match with the seat?
Posted Image
Click Here to get your set of templates and instructions:
http://www.ricmotech.com/diy

#3 GTP_EricW

GTP_EricW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Frank!

My plans are to paint all of the MDF in black and use tan carpeting for the base to match the interior of my car.

#4 chewy3939

chewy3939

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Im planning on building one of these. I was just wondering how you liked it. Also, I quoted the price and I thought it would only cost $65. How did you get to the $100 mark? Thanks
PPOOWWWWWEEERRRR!!!- Jeremy Clarkson

#5 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

That rig looks great. Must say I can't wait to see what it looks like when you put the finishing touches on it with paint and livery.

Blade

#6 jonnyman69

jonnyman69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Here are a few pictures of my new homemade sim racing cockpit that I built from a set of plans I bought from Ricmotech. All-in-all it cost me around $100 to build it minus the G27 and seat.

I still have to do some finishing touches to it by either painting or wrapping the MDF with vinyal and carpeting the base of the cockpit. I also want to add a Buttkicker Gamer to my setup.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

do you think you could tell me the spec and dimensions of this please?

#7 wannab1

wannab1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Took me two weeks to talk myself into paying $30 for the plans - then bam it was $45.... with shipping. I expected 5-7 but shew.

Looks great but I guess I'll try the R-Pod.

#8 Ricmotech

Ricmotech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

In case you change your mind, we put together this video:

Posted Image

#9 wannab1

wannab1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm 6'4" 240 (36 inseam) and want a sturdy cockpit so I may go ahead and order these plans.... would you recommend any modifications for my height?

#10 Ricmotech

Ricmotech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I have not had anyone as tall as you sit in it but I have attached a link below to a facebook album where the users in the pictures are 6'-0" and 6'-2" and both felt comfortable and drove for over 2 hours. However, there is a modification that can be done to the templates that results in the steering wheel being raised and the pedals moved forward all with one simple change. When you decide to purchase the plans, write a comment during checkout and I will send details of the mod along with the templates and instructions.

http://www.facebook.... ... 610&type=3
Posted Image

#11 Michael Moyers

Michael Moyers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

what about the shifter and wheel mount are they adjustable?

#12 Ricmotech

Ricmotech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Since the rig is made from MDF, it can be easily modified any way you want. There is a mod that can be done to raise the wheel and increase the distance to the pedals for taller drivers over 6 feet. If we get enough requests for this mod, we may include it as part of the templates and instructions.

Also, the shifter can be located higher or lower and front to back for driver comfort. The shifter console is designed to mount on the left or the right side.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users