4 replies to this topic

#1 martiniboss

martiniboss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationtemuco - chile

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

my wheel is finally dead so i will get a dfgt soon so now i can have some time to make my rig and one of the thing i want is an e-brake and the most easy way to do it is using a joystickso i have one single question...
does a joystick works as an axis or as a button?

#2 Mathoune

Mathoune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Hi, I think it depends on the game and the platform you race, for exemple into my DIRT3 PS3 version, I can configure my Fanatec GT2 sequential shifter as the handbreak, but in the Xbox version, you can't attribute different fonction to the paddle shifter and the manual one

#3 Sickstellwagen

Sickstellwagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

Im Pretty sure joysticks ( i believe you mean something like a flight stick) works as an axis.

"I ain't heard no fat lady!""Forget the fat lady. You're Obsessed with fat lady. Just get us out of here!"

"Someone sent me a snuggie as a gag joke, well jokes on you , ha ha ha i loved it"

"Cole, you're wandering all over the track!"

"Yeah,well this son of a b**** just slammed into me."

"No, no he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you, And rubbin, son, is racing."

#4 nikolas4g63

nikolas4g63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Its a Joystick so yes its an AXIS 100%

#5 Stu81

Stu81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

I use a flight stick for a hand brake in lfs.
You have to add an axis to the hand brake in lfs settings but will only work if you half calibrate that axis.
I just calibrated it by pulling it down and without pushing it up. I have to be careful ingame not to push the joystick up as it auto calibrates again as its a new axis and then my hand brake is stuck on forcing me to recalibrate :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users