Smudge

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales, UK

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hi All,

what wheel settings are ppl using on there new GT2. I'm really struggling to get a good feeling, at the mo im finding it very woolly and vague

#2 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hey Smudge I have the same question, (are you the same Smudge as the one at UKOG?)

My GT2 just feels heavy and lifeless.......no rumble on kerbs and very little feeling of loss of grip. Very disappointing.

I think I've now fiddled with every setting in game and on the wheel I can, to no avail. Could it be that it's GT5's FFb that just...well...sucks?

Might break out my Logitech Driving Force Pro to see how that fairs but right now I'm very underwhelmed with the whole game.

#3 Smudge

Smudge

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales, UK

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

yea thats me!!!!

i find it so frustrating, with my new EVO rig I just want to have one wheel and no have the hassle of swopping over. Got Man flu at the mo so when I feeling better I will have another go.

Hopefully one of the ISR crew will see this and share their thoughts!!

Smudge

#4 FanatecReviews

FanatecReviews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

Try and get the update to 1.05 for GT5 and check your linearity setting hope this help. I have a gt2 using similar setiing to darren gangi check the 911 GT2 first look video. Hope this helps.

#5 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

I've now tried every update, and every setting in the Game and on the wheel and nothing helps. I've even tried using different types of car to see if it's a car specific thing...no change.

The only conclusion I can draw is that in GT5 with a Fanatec wheel (at least) the Force Feedback is among the worst available. It has -at best- a minute amount of Kerb rumble -at worst- no rumble at all. Driving in this game compared to all the others I've tried it against is a dull, heavy, lifeless experience.

#6 911GT2

911GT2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

I too experience the same lifeless driving experience with the 911 GT2 wheel and GT5. I'm going to use the wheel extensively on the PC where support is great.

#7 Darin Gangi

Darin Gangi

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,475 posts
  • LocationSpokane Valley, WA

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've now tried every update, and every setting in the Game and on the wheel and nothing helps. I've even tried using different types of car to see if it's a car specific thing...no change.

The only conclusion I can draw is that in GT5 with a Fanatec wheel (at least) the Force Feedback is among the worst available. It has -at best- a minute amount of Kerb rumble -at worst- no rumble at all. Driving in this game compared to all the others I've tried it against is a dull, heavy, lifeless experience.

Interesting.. Mine feels good.. It depends on the track as well. .Some GT5 tracks are pretty lifeless. Lemans for instance HAS life.. Rally also has a lot of life as well.. Grand Valley, doesn't except some over the curbs..

What drift mode settings and center spring and damper ?

I also heard there was going to be an update to asphalt force feedback in GT5.. Not sure though..

#8 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

Interesting.. Mine feels good.. It depends on the track as well. .Some GT5 tracks are pretty lifeless. Lemans for instance HAS life.. Rally also has a lot of life as well.. Grand Valley, doesn't except some over the curbs..

I also heard there was going to be an update to asphalt force feedback in GT5.. Not sure though..

I just came on here to say something simillar as an update to my original problems.

It seems that the further I get into the game, the more tracks I unlock and the faster cars I end up using the more varied the experience.

Le Mans -like you've said- is alive you can feel every bump and jitter on the track and it's an awesome experience BUT! then, even there when I ride over a Kerb I get mostly no feedback from the rumble I should feel from the saw teeth/cobbles that make up the kerb.

Grand Valley for me has no life in it at all, there's no bumps, and no feeling over most of the kerbs, any kerb riding that does give any feedabck is very very weak.

And rally stages are AWESOME! even thugh I suck at rally, I really enjoy the FFb in those stages.

I've dragged my Logitech DFP out of the attic, so if I get the chance I will try it out later today and see if there's any difference.

#9 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

I've dragged my Logitech DFP out of the attic, so if I get the chance I will try it out later today and see if there's any difference.

Tried it now and the difference is amazing!

I just had a whirl around High Speed Ring where I know the rumble on Kerbs varies.

With my GT2 if you take a high line into turn 1 and put the right hand wheels on the Kurb on the outside of the banking, I can feel a little rumble..........just.

Yet when I exit the tunnel approaching the final bend and place the same wheels on the Kurb on the inside of the corner I feel.....................nothing.

With the old Logitech DFPro I can feel every bump, cobble & kerb. As if my own hands are being dragged though the kerbs at 100mph wearing velvet gloves.

Drift Mode 0, I've tried 1, 2 & 3 but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the kerb rumble. Spring and Dampers I have at -2 but still no real difference to the kerb rumble.

Hopefully that'll include better Fanatec Support

#10 Darin Gangi

Darin Gangi

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

I just got finished running for hours and the FFB felt great to me like stated earlier..Something else that made a difference for me was the car.. Cars with power steering, felt like they had it.. Others didn't..

I plugged in a DFGT and I felt every chatter, bump, etc.. but it feels like a toy to me..

Im running 540 degrees of rotation, 100 FFB, 1 or 2 drift 10 dead-zone and everything else at 0. All aids turned off ABS at 54 or so..

Matter of fact, I'm reviewing the wheel right now and will be adding footage of the wheel coming out of my hands over rumple strips because of the FFB.. I was just at Cape Ring in the Lexus IS Race Car and the wheel was really moving.

#11 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:45 AM

Im running 540 degrees of rotation, 100 FFB, 1 or 2 drift 10 dead-zone and everything else at 0. All aids turned off ABS at 54 or so..

Ahhh Deadzone...didn't think of that, I'll give it a go. Cheers

#12 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

Tried those settings and yeah, the deadzone did improve things a little, although the rumbling effect over curbs is still weaker than on the logitech it is at least there now....thanks

I plugged in a DFGT and I felt every chatter, bump, etc.. but it feels like a toy to me..

Yeah I know what you mean, when I plugged in my DFPro I couldn't believe how toy like it felt after a solid 15 Months of Fanatec usage LOL

I'll take the Fanatec any day, but would prefer it if the bump, chatter and rumble of Ferrari Challenge, F1 2010, Forza 2 & 3 and GT5 with a Logitech was there too.

Guess I wanna have my cake and eat it!

#13 Darin Gangi

Darin Gangi

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Tried those settings and yeah, the deadzone did improve things a little, although the rumbling effect over curbs is still weaker than on the logitech it is at least there now....thanks

Yeah I know what you mean, when I plugged in my DFPro I couldn't believe how toy like it felt after a solid 15 Months of Fanatec usage LOL

I'll take the Fanatec any day, but would prefer it if the bump, chatter and rumble of Ferrari Challenge, F1 2010, Forza 2 & 3 and GT5 with a Logitech was there too.

Guess I wanna have my cake and eat it!

The Fanatec actually has stronger force feedback.. Problem is, that the wheel is much heavier, and it's got the Alcantara which both dull, or numb the forces.. I know this because the Turbo S is the same wheel, and you can feel more through it than the GT wheels.

#14 jonboy1066

jonboy1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

Alcantara which both dull, or numb the forces.. I know this because the Turbo S is the same wheel, and you can feel more through it than the GT wheels.

Interesting point, I need to plug in my Turbo S and try that theory out....but first I need to update the Firmware................it's living in the dark ages on FW 613 right now LOL

#15 TJR

TJR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Great info Darin. Righting down these new GT5 setting for when my wheel comes in. Also would love to here the preferred settings for FM3 to when you get them dialed in.

#16 NephroGhost

NephroGhost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

Thanks Darin for the wheel settings. I like the feel of my GT2 now on GT5 but would like some more feedback, kerbs, etc. Also, with the abs on 54, basically you are feeling the clubsports vibrate sooner? Is this a setting more conducive to effective braking. I have mine on 85 (just read that from another source) but don't know why that value was recommended. If you would Darin, can you explain the abs setting on the GT2 wheel and how it translates to the game? Thanks.

#17 rubberscrubber

rubberscrubber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:55 AM

Thanks Darin for the wheel settings. I like the feel of my GT2 now on GT5 but would like some more feedback, kerbs, etc. Also, with the abs on 54, basically you are feeling the clubsports vibrate sooner? Is this a setting more conducive to effective braking. I have mine on 85 (just read that from another source) but don't know why that value was recommended. If you would Darin, can you explain the abs setting on the GT2 wheel and how it translates to the game? Thanks.

from what I understand the ABS setting has nothing to do with the game, its a setting to activate the vibration in the pedal and wheel rim at a set value, so you set ABS to 85 and with 85% brake the vibs start.
I like the feature because I know when I'm at near max brake force, I actually have mine set at 90.

Also found out that if you set ABS to OFF, you get wheel rim vibs from engine revving. I guess its 1 or the other
I'm using a gt3RS V2

#18 NephroGhost

NephroGhost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

from what I understand the ABS setting has nothing to do with the game, its a setting to activate the vibration in the pedal and wheel rim at a set value, so you set ABS to 85 and with 85% brake the vibs start.
I like the feature because I know when I'm at near max brake force, I actually have mine set at 90.

Also found out that if you set ABS to OFF, you get wheel rim vibs from engine revving. I guess its 1 or the other
I'm using a gt3RS V2

Thanks!

#19 Massimo1975

Massimo1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm not happy with the compatibility of the Fanatec in GT5. (As you all).
I did many tests, I think this last one setting may be advised.

Sen: 900 / 100 FFB / SHO 000 / LIN 20 / DEA 000 / SPR -2 / DPR -3 /ABS 54

Please, let me know what you think of it.

In game: simulation / 10 FFB / no.

#20 youjimbo

youjimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

My settings:

Sen: 900 / 100 FFB / SHO 100 / LIN 000 / DEA 000 (010 sometimes) / SPR 2 / DPR 0 /ABS 62
Also have drift set to 2.

Sometimes I lower sensor to 540. Done no rally stuff yet and I will most likely be lowering ABS to 58 or 60. Depends on car and tires. Lock point differs between cars, tires and tracks. I try to adjust my ABS setting accordingly.
Am very happy with these settings. I would like curbs to have a slightly more powerful rumble effect and I would like the return rate of the wheel to be slightly faster, but higher drift settings didn't feel very good.

I really like some center spring effect and usually run at 1 or 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users